Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mom and Brian




















My mom and brother Brian came up for a visit and I had the time of my life!!! I think we all did! My kids adore Brian and always have so much fun with him, and they loved playing with my mom, especially Ileigh! We played cards all day and ate rice crispies, we went to the park and to the garden to pick veggies and berries! We were lazy and just enjoyed ourselves! The only thing I regret is that Tim was working hard and long hours all week, it just wasn't the same without him. I admit I felt really guilty having a blast all day when I knew he was outside in the heat working hard for us.

We were spoiled rotten with fun gifts from family! Thanks to Regan for the gorgeous dress up dresses for Ileigh! She loves loves them! Grandma brought her makeup and a new purse and she was all set with her new shoes and tiara's. She is such a girl and I love it! The boys got lots of fun toys and new clothes and Addison got a new backpack for school and all his supplies. He is pretty proud and shows off his backpack to anyone who comes over! Thanks to my sisters for the clothes! I love hand me downs and the fact that I can wear Annie's clothes makes my day and really boosts my ego, also I love that I don't have to buy a ton of clothes for the kids. Thanks so much everyone! One thing that I really loved was the jewelry my sister Robin made me! It is beautiful! Robin is so talented it's not fair, I swear the girl can do anything, I just love that I get to be on the receiving end all the time! But the very most exciting thing of all was Ileigh's new dollhouse my dad made for her(us). I would post a picture, but then Ileigh would see it, so you will all have to wait until Christmas, but it is gorgeous! My mom bought all the furniture to go inside and all the people...so Ileigh girl is set for Christmas! I can't wait to see her reaction and even more, I can't wait to set it up and play with her! I don't think I ever grew out of the doll playing stage! My family is the very best! I love them all so much and I am so blessed to have such amazing and caring family members!! I love you guys!!!
Also, isn't my brother a total babe!!!

3 comments:

Pressett Family said...

It is so fun to have family come to your world and see what it is like huh!??/ I love it! Sounds and looks like you all had fun!

Stucki Family said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I wish I could have come. I seriously need to plan a trip up. I miss you!

Trav and Britt said...

cute rachel! how long have you been in canada?! i must have missed this along the way! your kids are the cutest, it's so sad how fast they grow up!